Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 02:50PM
The Well Management Program:
- Establishes standards for construction and sealing of wells and borings ("Minnesota Well Code").
- Licenses contractors who construct, repair, and seal wells and borings.
- Administers permits and notifications to construct and seal wells and borings.
- Inspects the construction of new wells and borings, and the sealing of old wells and borings.
- Follows up with property owners after property transfer to seal unused wells.
- Maintains records on wells and borings.
- Provides information, training, and technical assistance to contractors, other professionals, and the public.
- Responds to well and well water quality problems caused by groundwater contamination events and natural disasters such as floods.