Construction of Wells and Borings
Well Management Program
- State or Federal Programs Offering Grants and Low Interest Loans for Well Construction, Repair, and Sealing
- Isolation Distances From a Water-Supply Well
- Protecting Your Well - Selected Well Isolation Distance Requirements
- Constructing a New Water-Supply Well in Minnesota
- DNR Appropriation Permit - Preliminary Approval Required by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Requirements for Well Owners Installing Drive-Point Wells (PDF: 82KB/3 pages)
- Your New Well
- Well Owner's Handbook - A Consumer's Guide to Water Wells (PDF: 1.56MB/40 pages)
- Protect Your Health - Test Your Private Well Water
- Building, Remodeling, Demolition, and Wells
For a list of currently licensed/registered well contractors, visit our Licensed/Registered Well Contractor Directory.
Visit Water Well Information for a complete listing of brochures and publications provided by the Well Management Program.
MDH has made available an online version of the County Well Index (CWI) database. CWI Online provides the location, depth, static water level, and other data for many Minnesota water wells. It also maps well locations onto aerial photos.
Contact the MDH Well Management Section
651-201-4600 or 800-383-9808
Minnesota Department of Health