Construction of Wells and Borings
Well Management Program
- Grants and Loans for Home Water Treatment and Well Construction, Repair, and Sealing Repair, and Sealing
- Isolation Distances From a Water-Supply Well
- Protecting Your Well - Selected Well Isolation Distance Requirements
- Building, Remodeling, Demolition, and Wells
- Constructing a New Water-Supply Well in Minnesota
- DNR Appropriation Permit - Preliminary Approval Required by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Environmental Well Construction Notifications and Maintenance Permits
- Owner's Guide to Wells
- Requirements for Well Owners Installing Drive-Point Wells (PDF)
- Well Owner's Handbook - A Consumer's Guide to Water Wells in Minnesota (PDF)
For a list of currently licensed well contractors, visit our Licensed Well and Boring Contractor Directory.
Visit Water Well Information for a complete listing of brochures and publications provided by the Well Management Program.
Minnesota Well Index
MDH has made available an online version of the Minnesota Well Index (MWI) database. MWI provides the location, depth, static water level, and other data for many Minnesota water wells. It also maps well locations onto aerial photos.
Contact the MDH Well Management Section
651-201-4600 or 800-383-9808
Minnesota Department of Health