Buried Pressure Tanks
Minnesota Rules, part 4725.5350 requires that a buried or partially buried pressure tank installed on a water-supply well must:
- be identified with the manufacturer's name, a serial number, the allowable working pressure, and the year fabricated;
- have an interior coating that complies with ANSI/NSF Standard 61-2003e if the tank has an interior coating in contact with water;
- have a minimum one-fourth inch wall thickness for a steel pitless adapter tank attached directly to the well casing;
- have all connections to the pressure tank welded or threaded; and
- be installed above the water table.
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has prepared the following list of approved buried pressure tanks:
Return to > Information for ContractorsQuestions?
Contact the MDH Well Management Section
651-201-4600 or 800-383-9808
Minnesota Department of Health