PVC Couplings and Fittings for Use With PVC Well Casing
Well Management Program
Minnesota Rules, chapter 4725 currently requires that fittings and couplings used with plastic well casing must:
- Meet the socket dimension requirements of ASTM Standard F480-02, Table 3 and have a water pressure rating of at least 200 psi;
- be Schedule 40, slip x internal thread fittings, four-inch and smaller meeting the requirements of ASTM D2466-02;
- be Schedule 40, slip x internal thread fittings and slip x external thread fittings, five-inch diameter meeting the requirements of ASTM D2466-02; or
- be flush-threaded joints meeting ASTM F480-02 (monitoring wells and environmental bore holes only).
The fittings and couplings must also conform to the requirements of ANSI/NSF Standard 61-2003e or the health effects portion of ANSI/NSF Standard 14-2003.
The following links provide information about fittings and couplings that comply with the rule requirements, as well additional fittings and couplings approved for use with 6-inch diameter PVC well casing and for screen connections to PVC well casing.
- PVC Couplings and Fittings Approved for Use With PVC Well Casing (PDF).
- Approved PVC Fittings for Joining Pitless Units to 6-inch Diameter PVC Well Casing (PDF).
- Requirements for Joining Well Screen to PVC Well Casing.
Return to > Information for Contractors