Questions and Answers
Family Planning Special Projects Grant Application
February 15, 2013
1. Relating to Letter B, #5 on Page 8 of the RFP - Does your agency have to accept Medicaid?
No. But if your agency doesn't, MDH thinks it is important that you show how you assist clients who might be eligible to either get on Medicaid or to refer them to other agencies that do.
2. For the question, "Describe how your organization provides outreach and services to Medicaid or Minnesota Family Planning Program eligible clients", can our discussion include inreach efforts within our clinic (we are a Federally Qualified Health Care Center) or should we limit it to outreach?
Yes, you can include discussing how you provide information and education inside your clinic to other staff. Experience has shown that this helps increase use of MFPP within agencies such as FQHC's.
3. On the budget summary form, Is "DHS" MA and Minnesota Care and other public health insurance programs besides MFPP?
4. Does Form L - Community Health Board Notification, page 41, have to submitted in advance or at the same time as the grant?
It does not have to be submitted before. It can be submitted at the same or very soon after you submit the proposal to MDH.
5. If it is a joint application I assume that the Financial Capacity and Review Form pertains to the lead agency.