Family Home Visiting
Home visiting has been shown to be effective at helping families:
- improve health status;
- achieve economic self-sufficiency;
- improve positive parenting;
- reduce child maltreatment;
- achieve goals such as child spacing, education and employment; and
- establish links to community resources.
At the local level, family home visiting can look very different in terms of who is served and how. Each local public health department in Minnesota chooses how to implement its family home visiting program.
To read more about the background of the MDH Family Home Visiting program, go to Background Information.
Federal Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Go to the Federal Home Visiting page.