Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening Module
Welcome to the Minnesota Departments of Health and Human Services Online Training Module for the developmental and social-emotional screening components of the Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) Program.
This training is designed as a reference to give the information needed to provide developmental and social-emotional screening to Minnesota children and youth who are eligible for Medical Assistance (MA) and the C&TC program. It is recommended that these sections be completed in the order in which they are presented, as each section builds upon those preceding it.
Click "Next" or "Previous" at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the module. The quizzes within this module are optional, but recommended to enhance learning.
This training module has been divided into 7 sections:
|Section Title||Approximate Time to Complete|
|3.||Instrument Selection Information||
|4.||Components of a Quality Screening Process||
Additional time is required if visiting links embedded within this module.
Upon completion of this training module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of developmental and social-emotional screening.
- Identify the percentage of children currently living with developmental and social-emotional delays.
- List the ages at which developmental and social-emotional screening should occur.
- Describe the criteria which should be used when selecting a developmental or social-emotional screening instrument.
- Identify the developmental domains which should be included in a developmental screening instrument.
The C&TC Program is administered by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). For general questions on the C&TC Program, please contact DHS at:
For questions about this online training, please contact the Minnesota Department of Health Maternal and Child Health Section: