BETTY HUBBARD AWARD
Elizabeth (Betty) Hubbard, a long time advocate for the health needs of mothers and children and an original member of the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force, died in 1989. In 1990, the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force and the Minnesota Department of Health honored her work and her memory by establishing the Annual Betty Hubbard Leadership Award. This award of recognition is presented to individuals or organizations in Minnesota making significant contributions to maternal and child health.
Betty Hubbard Award Nomination Information
The deadline for nominations was Friday, August 23, 2013 - nominations are now closed.
The MCH Advisory Task Force is pleased to announce the solicitation of nominations for the 2013 Betty Hubbard Maternal and Child Health Leadership Awards. The MCH Advisory Task Force and the Commissioner of Health honor her work and her memory by presenting these awards each year.
Two awards will be presented to individuals or organizations in Minnesota making significant contributions to maternal and child health. The awards will be presented at the December 13, 2013 meeting of the MCH Advisory Task Force.
Nominees are being solicited in two categories:
- Statewide Award: recognizing the nominee’s contributions to MCH with outcomes at a statewide level; and
- Community Level Award: recognizing contributions to MCH with outcomes that impact an entire community or a targeted population within a community.
- Betty Hubbard Award Nomination Form (Word: 37 KB/2 pages)
- Betty Hubbard Award Policies and Procedures
- Nominations should be completed on the Betty Hubbard Leadership Award nomination form. (Please do not submit the nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae.)
- Include three to five letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues and service recipients.
- Submit nominations by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 23, 2013 to DeeAnn Finley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
DeeAnn Finley, MCH Planner
Maternal and Child Health Section
Minnesota Department of Health
Suite 200, Golden Rule Building
P.O. Box 64882
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882
About the Award:
- Betty Hubbard Award Recipients: A list of the past award recipients and their achievements.
- Who was Betty Hubbard: A brief profile that describes Betty Hubbard and her work.
If you have any questions about the Betty Hubbard MCH Leadership Awards or the MCH Advisory Task Force, please call DeeAnn Finley at 651/201-3874 or by e-mail at email@example.com.