Why is Breastfeeding Best?
MN WIC Program
- Breastmilk is the perfect food for babies.
- Breastmilk is easy to digest.
- Breastfed babies are healthier and have fewer infections and illnesses.
- Breastfeeding helps your baby's eyes and brain develop.
- Breastfeeding helps you lose weight and get back into shape.
- Breastfeeding has health benefits like lowering your risk of ovarian cancer, breast cancer and osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding is great for mother-baby bonding.
- Moms and babies enjoy breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding saves money (no formula or bottle costs, fewer doctor bills and medication costs).
- Breastfeeding saves time. No messy bottles to fix at night, so everyone sleeps better.
- Breastfed babies are easy to take on trips. Just grab the diapers and go!
- For More Breastfeeding Information
- I would like to breastfeed my baby, but...
- How can I plan for breastfeeding?
- More breastfeeding information
- Other web sites with information about breastfeeding
To find the phone # of a WIC Clinic near you, select one of the following:
Or call 1-800-WIC-4030 (1-800-942-4030)
Don't delay...we're here to help.