Other Websites with Information about Breastfeeding
MN WIC Program
The following websites are included for your reference only. They do not necessarily reflect the position of the MN WIC Program.
- Websites for answers to common questions about breastfeeding
- Expressing breastmilk without a pump
- Minnesota Laws Protecting Breastfeeding
- Spanish websites
Websites for answers to common questions about breastfeeding
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding (Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk. Pediatrics, 2005; Feb., 115: 496-506)
- The National Women's Health Information Center (Breastfeeding information provided by 4woman.gov, a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women's Health)
- La Leche League (Breastfeeding information for parents provided by La Leche League International)
Expressing breastmilk without a pump
- Lactation Institute (Information about the manual expression of breastmilk using the Marmet Technique and its advantages)
- Breastfeeding.com (Pictorial and instruction on how to express breastmilk by hand)
Minnesota Law - Workplace support for pumping
- Workplace support for breastfeeding (The 2003 State of Minnesota Statute 181.939 Nursing Mother describing an employer's responsibility to allow a nursing mother time to express breastmilk each day when at work)
- Breastfeeding is not considered indecent exposure (The 2003 State of Minnesota Statute 617.23, subdivision 4 indicates that breastfeeding is not a violation of the indecent exposure statute.)
- La lactancia materna (4woman.gov) (Información sobre la lactancia materna viene de www.4woman.gov, un proyecto del Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos de los Estados Unidos, Oficina de Salud de la Mujer)
- La Leche League (Información para padres sobre la lactancia materna viene de La Liga de La Leche)
- Why is breastfeeding best?
- I would like to breastfeed my baby, but...
- How can I plan for breastfeeding?
- More breastfeeding information