How does WIC Support Breastfeeding?
Most women have questions about breastfeeding. Each time you visit WIC you have the chance to get answers to your questions.
- WIC can help you:
- Talk about your thoughts and concerns and learn about the benefits of breastfeeding.
- With tips for talking to family and others about how important it is to breastfeed.
- Learn about breast pumps, where to get one if you need one, and with ideas on how to continue breastfeeding when you return to work or school.
- Learn about places where you can get additional breastfeeding help if you need it and services available to you in your community.
- WIC provides extra foods for breastfeeding women.
- In addition to the services available statewide, local WIC programs may provide:
- A chance to talk to other WIC participants who have breastfed, Mother and Baby groups, baby showers, and other special events.
- Breastfeeding classes and lending libraries with videos and books.
- Why is breastfeeding best?
- I would like to breastfeed my baby, but...
- How can I plan for breastfeeding?
- What foods do breastfeeding moms get from WIC?
- Other web sites with information about breastfeeding
- Información en Español sobre la Lactancia Materna
- Breastfeeding Information in Somali
To find the phone # of a WIC Clinic near you, select one of the following:
Or call 1-800-WIC-4030 (1-800-942-4030)
Don't delay...we're here to help.