Breastfeeding Continuing Education
Information and Resources for Local Agencies
MN WIC Program
On this page:
- Lactation Training Opportunities, Meetings and MN WIC Breastfeeding coordinator meetings
- Technical Assistance & Materials for Continuing Education at Your Agency
- Additional Sources for Breastfeeding Continuing Education
Other related topics:
Lactation Training Opportunities, Meetings and MN WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator Meetings
Only training in MN and adjacent states is listed here. MN WIC breastfeeding coordinator calls and meetings are also listed.
- WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator Calls. November 30: 1 or 3:30 pm. December 1, 9 am, December 3, 3:30 pm. See WIC Wednesday Update for call in number.
- December 8, 2015. (Bloomington, MN) Breastfeeding Success: Supporting the Mother/Baby Journey Seminar. Speaker Mary Kay Smith. Registration and more information.
Save the dates. Additional information will be posted when available.
- March 3-4, 2016 (Location TBD, WI.) WALC Annual Breastfeeding Conference.
- April 11-15, 2016 (Bemidji, MN) Lactation Counselor Training Course. Lactation Counselor Training Course (CLC Course.) http://www.healthychildren.cc.
- April 29, 2016 (Location TBD) Metro Breastfeeding Meeting / Metro WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator Meeting.
- May 2016 MN LLL Conference
- May 19, 2016 (Location TBD) Summit for Hospital Leadership. Invitation only. For more information see Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition website.
- October 20, 2016. (Minot, ND) North Dakota Biennial Breastfeeding Conference, Speaker Nancy Mohrbacher.
- October 27, 2016 (Location TBD) Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Workshop. For more information see Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition website.
- October 28, 2016, (Location TBD) Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Statewide Meeting. For more information see Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition website.
Technical Assistance & Materials for Continuing Education at Your Agency
- Technical assistance available to MN WIC staff by phone, email or a site-visit. Contact Mary B. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4406.
- Loving Support workshops can be scheduled for 2014, when requested by MN local WIC programs. This workshop focuses on Three-Step Counseling and addresses the counseling process rather than specific management of breastfeeding. We will discuss how the counselor can work with clients to:
• Identify potential barriers and strengths related to breastfeeding;
• Address the barriers and reassure the client; and
• Provide information relevant to the client.
This training will provide you with the opportunity to learn and practice a technique for breastfeeding counseling which can be used for counseling on other nutrition topics. While geared primarily for new CPA staff and those not able to attend an earlier workshop, any CPA who would like a review is welcome, as are your community partners (representatives from hospitals, clinics, LLL, other breastfeeding advocates). Please make sure everyone is registered. There is no charge for the training. CEUs available.
To schedule a workshop in your community contact Mary Johnson at email@example.com or 651-201-4406 if you would like a workshop in your community. You are welcome to invite your community partners.
This information is provided to encourage WIC staff and others to develop their knowledge of lactation-related issues, for your convenience, and is not meant as an endorsement of any particular course or organization. If you know of other lactation-related training opportunities in Minnesota or Border States, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include as much information as you can about date, location, topics, who to contact for more information, and a URL if available.
Additional Sources for Breastfeeding Continuing Education
Although the MN State WIC Program has provided these links as additional potential sources for breastfeeding continuing education, this information is for your convenience, and is not meant as an endorsement of any particular course or organization.
Global Online Discussion (Offers online conference each May)