- Instructions for Completing the 2011 Nutrition Education Plan Update
- Topics of Interest
The FY2011 Nutrition Education Plan update is a continuation of the FY2009-2010 Nutrition Education Plan (NEP). Goals and objectives from the NEP will be continued through FY2011. This update is an opportunity to:
- Review the FY2009-2010 NEP goals, objectives and activities. Agencies may choose to continue working on the same activities or add new activities for FY2011.
- Review the Nutrition Services section and update information as needed.
The FY2012-2013 NEP will have new goals and objectives. That NEP will be developed and made available in the summer of 2011.
The FY2009-2010 NEP consisted of four sections. You will only need to review and update Sections 3 and 4 as needed for FY2011. The four sections include:
1. Evaluation of FY2007 & FY2008 State Goals and Objectives No revision required
- Evaluation of FY2007 and FY2008 State and Local Agency Goal 1 and Objectives
- Evaluation of FY2007 and FY2008 State and Local Agency Goal 2 and Objectives
2. Needs Assessment for FY2009 & FY2010 No revision required
3. Goals, Objectives and Activities for FY2009 & FY2010 Review and update activities if needed
- FY2009 - 2011 State and Local Agency Goal 1 Objectives and Activities
- FY2009 - 2011 State and Local Agency Goal 2 Objectives and Activities
4. Description of Nutrition Services Review and update as needed
- Coordinator and Staff Information
- Clinic Information - Clinic Schedules
- CPA Performance Evaluation
- Voucher Pick Up Information
- Nutrition Education Contacts
- Peer Breastfeeding Support Program (PBSP)
- PBSP Section 2
- PBSP Section 3
Instructions for the FY2011 Nutrition Education Plan Update
- If you cannot remember the username and password you used to complete the 2009-2010 Nutrition Education Plan, please Contact your Nutrition Consultant for your username and password.
- Go to the Login Page and login into the FY2011 Nutrition Education Plan Update using your username and password.
- The Nutrition Education Plan page will open, which lists the different sections of the NEP and instructions for completing the NEP.
- The sections can be completed in any order. Each section provides instructions; follow the instructions at the top of each page.
Topics of interest
- Contact Your Nutrition Consultant to Request Your Username and Password
- Login to the FY2011 Nutrition Education Plan Update
- Time for a Change: Education for the New Food Packages (PDF: 3.6MB/58 pages)
NOTE: The Time for a Change document is quite large and may be difficult to open. The following are links to individual sections of the document.
- Time for a Change: Education for the New Food Packages - pgs 1-12 (PDF: 633KB/12)
- Training in Nutrition and Counseling Skills - pgs 13-18 (PDF: 399/6 )
- Resources for Breastfeeding Training - pgs 19-23 (PDF: 376KB/5)
- 1: Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - pgs 24-31 (PDF: 513KB/8)
- 2: Increase Whole Grains and Fiber - pgs 32-37 (PDF: 483KB/6)
- 3: Drink Less Sweetened Beverages and Juice - pgs 38-42 (PDF: 398KB/5)
- 4: Lower the Fat - pgs 43-48 (PDF: 448.30KB/6)
- 5: Breastmilk. The Perfect Food in the Right Amount - pgs 49-58 (PDF: 661KB/9 )