2007-2008 Revisions to MOM
MN WIC Operations Manual
- Federal Regulations
- State Rules (PDF: 449.52KB/52 pages)
- November 2008 MOM Changes
- April 2008 MOM Changes
November 2008 MOM Changes
Chapter 1 - Administration
Exhibit 1-A: WIC Program Organizational Chart (PDF: 25.43KB/2 pages)
Exhibit 1-K: Your Rights and Responsibilities - This exhibit was revised to reflect changes in income eligibility determination related to presumptive eligibility.
Chapter 5 - Certification
Section 5.2 Certification Procedures (PDF: 126.78KB/19 pages) - Sections of this policy have been revised to reflect changes related to presumptive eligibility.
5.2.2 Residency - The change clarifies that staff may not use personal recognition to document applicant residency at the initial certification.
5.2.3 Identity - The change clarifies that staff may not use personal recognition to document applicant identity at the initial certification.
5.2.4 Income - This section was revised to explain the changes in adjunctive eligibility. Families with income between 185 and 275 percent of poverty, if not currently eligible for another adjunctive program, must now apply and be eligible for a Minnesota Health Program to maintain WIC eligibility.
Section 5.3 Nutrition Risk Assessment (PDF: 116.91KB/16 pages) - Sections of this policy have been revised to reflect the principles and processes embodied in VENA, and the corresponding changes in our assessment tools.
184.108.40.206 Use of Referral Weight and Height/Length Data - This section was moved to follow the section on anthropometry, to which it relates.
5.3.3 Health History - This section was revised to be more clear, and to add the requirement that WIC CPAs use state-provided health history forms. This section replaces "Health Assessment".
5.3.4 Diet Assessment - Procedures were revised to be more clear and specific, and to specify that local agencies must use the state-provided Nutrition Questionnaire for conducting diet assessments.
5.3.5 Nutrition Risk Code and Priority Assignment - Revised. This section now addresses both risk code and priority assignment.
5.3.6 Priority Assignment - ***DELETED*** Information was integrated into Section 5.3.5
Chapter 6 - Nutrition Education
Section 6.12 Breastfeeding Peer Support (PDF: 54.05KB/5 pages) - The policy requires that peer programs "employ" an IBCLC to oversee peer services. The revision provides peer programs some flexibility in meeting this requirement. (The change is under Peer Support Manager(s) on page one.)
PSS MN WIC Breast Pump Order Guide 2008/2009 (PDF: 24.29KB/1 page) - Updated.
April 2008 MOM Changes
Chapter 1: Administration
- Section 1.14 Record Retention (PDF: 25.43KB/2 pages) - Policy changed to synchronize with the retention requirement in the WIC master agreement (extended from 3 1/2 years to 6 years from the date of the document)
- Exhibit 1-A: WIC Program Organizational Chart (PDF: 18.21KB/1 page)
Chapter 2: Financial Management
- Section 2.1 Program Costs (PDF: 27.09KB/2 pages) - Revised to reflect earlier USDA close out date (changed from January 20 to December 20), and to establish an approval period for submissions thirty days in advance.
- Exhibit 2-D: Program Costs (PDF: 62.76KB/8 pages) - Revised to clarify approval process for requests to spend >$2000.
Chapter 3: Caseload Management
- Section 3.2 Timeframes for Scheduling Certification Appointments (PDF: 24.70KB/2 pages) - Revised to clarify that appointments must be offered within 10 days to high priority applicants requesting WIC services in person at WIC clinic; all others must be offered an appointment within 20 days. Follow-up to 2005 federal ME.
Chapter 4: Local Agency Staffing
- Section 4.5 Staff Training (PDF: 28.65KB/3 pages) - Minor edits in wording. ***No change in policy.***
Exhibit 4-F: Topics for WIC Staff Breastfeeding Orientation (PDF: 30.02KB/2 pages) - Updated resources.
Chapter 5: Certification Procedures
- Section 5.3 Nutritional Risk Assessment (PDF: 147.15KB/15 pages) - Added a web link to the recommended childhood immunization schedule, in place of Exhibit 5-P.
- Exhibit 5-P: Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule, Minnesota ***DELETED*** - replaced by web link in Section 5.3. ***No change in policy***
- Exhibit 5-T: Minnesota WIC Risk Criteria (PDF: 195.87KB/23 pages) - Revised to reflect USDA Policy Memorandum 98-9, Revision 9.
- Exhibit 5-V: Nutrition Risk and Priority Assignment Table (PDF: 59.62KB/3 pages) - Revised to reflect USDA Policy Memorandum 98-9, Revision 9.
- Exhibit 5-GG: Sample Letter of Ineligibility - Spanish (PDF: 12.75KB/1 page) - Updated non-discrimination statement, and minor formatting changes.***No change in policy.***
- Exhibit 5-GG: Sample Letter of Ineligibility - Spanish (WORD: 24.5KB/1 page) - Updated non-discrimination statement, and minor formatting changes. ***No change in policy.***
Chapter 6: Nutrition Education
- Section 6.7 Additional Education (PDF: 44.80KB/5 pages) - Corrected typographical error. ***No change in policy.***
- Exhibit 6-H: Guidance for Ordering Breastpumps (PDF: 25.60KB/1 page) - Minor changes in directions for processing orders.
- Exhibit 6-I: PSS MN WIC Breastpumps Order Guide 2007 (PDF: 21.02KB/1 page) - This exhibit, with current breastpump prices, is being added back to MOM, for the convenience of Local WIC Staff.
- Exhibit 6-M: Sample Peer Documentation Form (PDF: 122.84KB/6 pages) - Corrected formatting. ***No change in policy.***
Exhibit 6-M: Sample Peer Documentation Form (WORD: 67.5KB/6 pages) - Corrected formatting. ***No change in policy.***
Chapter 7: Food Prescription
- Section 7.2 Allowed WIC Foods (PDF: 14.93KB/1 page) - Removed reference in the text to Exhibit 7-A, which had been deleted from MOM in a previous update. ***No change in policy.***
- Section 7.4 Non-Contract Formula Issuance (PDF: 131.60KB/18 pages) - Removed references to using sample formulas, since formula samples will no longer be available through our new formula contract.
- Section 7.4.6 Sample Contract Formula in Section 7.4 (PDF: 131.60KB/18 pages) ***DELETED*** - see above.
- Section 7.4.6 Use of Formula Returned by Participants in Section 7.4 (PDF: 131.60KB/18 pages) - New policy.
- Exhibit 7-J: WIC Formula Summary (PDF: 19.90KB/1 page) - has been revised to reflect change in contract formula manufacturers.
- Exhibit 7-L: Non-Contract Formula Prescription (PDF: 19.52KB/1 page) - This form has been revised to reflect new formula contract
- Exhibit 7-L: Non-Contract Formula Prescription (WORD: 27.0KB/1 page) - This form has been revised to reflect new formula contract.
- Exhibit 7-Q: Sample Formula Inventory Form ***DELETED*** - no longer needed.
- Exhibit 7-Q: Tracking Log for Returned Formula (PDF: 25.95KB/1 page) - This form was developed to track returned formula and is referenced in new policy in Section 7.4.6 in Section 7.4 (PDF: 131.60KB/18 pages). It replaces the "old" exhibit.
- Exhibit 7-Q: Tracking Log for Returned Formula (WORD: 59.5KB/1 page) - This form was developed to track returned formula and is referenced in new policy in Section 7.4.6 in Section 7.4 (PDF:131.60KB/18 pages). It replaces the "old" exhibit.
Chapter 8: Vouchers
- Section 8.6 Vouchers Reported Lost/Stolen by a Participant (PDF: 28.12KB/2 pages) - Clarified policy to ensure consistency across the state.
- Section 8.7 Voucher Stock Lost/Stolen from a Local Agency (PDF: 22.39KB/1 page) - Revised to reflect name change for Exhibit 8-E (PDF: 40.53KB/1 page). ***No change in policy.***
- Exhibit 8-E: Vouchers/Voucher Stock Reported Lost/Stolen by a Local Agency (PDF: 40.53KB/ 1 page) - Renamed (had been called Lost/Stolen Voucher Report). ***No change in policy.***
Chapter 9: Information System Operations
- Exhibit 9-C: Automation Equipment Request - Automated Form.