WIC Program Resources for Local Agencies
These modules are provided by the Minnesota Department of Health, WIC Program in collaboration with the University of Minnesota, School of Public Health. The modules provide information on current nutrition recommendations and practice. The purpose of the modules is to offer WIC CPAs opportunities to enhance nutrition knowledge.
Basic Nutrition Modules
- Basic Nutrition Module
- Micronutrients and Water
- Energy Balance and Metabolism
- Nutrition Related Diseases
- Putting it into Practice
Maternal/Child/Infant Nutrition Modules
- Nutrition and Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy and Gestational Diabetes
- Infant Feeding
- Introduction to Solid Foods
- Iron Deficiency Anemia in Women and Children
- Pediatric Overweight and Obesity
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credits have been approved by the Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. To obtain Certificates of Completion for the modules, fax the Nutrition Module Completion Form (WORD: 17.5KB/1 page) to Sandy Sather at 651-215-8951 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians: The following CPEs for RDs and DTRs have been approved:
- Basic Nutrition Modules – 3 CPEs
- Maternal/Infant/Child Modules – 5 CPEs
All RDs and DTRs are now on the Professional Development Portfolio system. Keep the Certificates of Completion for your Portfolio records.
- Minnesota Licensed Dietitians and Nutritionists: See RD/DTR information above for determining CEUs. Retain appropriate documentation for your files.
- Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurses: This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements. However, the nurse is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education. Retain appropriate documentation for your files.
Please note: Nursing credits are based on 50 minutes/credit. CPEs are based on 60 minutes/credit.