Participant Centered Services (PCS) Initiative
Minnesota WIC Program
Welcome to a NEW approach for providing WIC services. Take a look at what's up with the Minnesota Participant Centered Services Initiative!
MN WIC PCS Vision Statement
MN WIC PCS* places the participant at the center of every WIC interaction. This means MN WIC PCS focuses on people’s capacities, strengths and developmental needs – not solely their problems, risks, or negative behaviors. In that spirit, we strive to provide WIC services in a genuinely respectful, accepting and understanding way. Participant centered services emphasize collaboration with the participant, giving them the freedom to choose options that work for them. MN WIC PCS is a more comprehensive approach to supporting healthy lifestyle and eating behaviors.
*"MN WIC PCS" is a place-holder until we identify our own unique brand (like "Oregon WIC Listens").
- Participant Centered Services: An Overview (PDF: 265KB/2 pages)
- Minnesota PCS Planning Overview (SWF: 34 slides/17 minutes)
- Watch the following video from the Chickasaw WIC Program to learn more about the Spirit of PCS.
- Why is a brand for the Minnesota WIC PCS initiative important? This is an example of how powerful words can be!
Resources for Mentors
- Nevada WIC Program Mentoring Resources - Under Training resources, select Champion Monthly Activity Lessons