- Websites with information about breastfeeding
- Websites with general health information
- Websites with nutrition information
- Websites provided by the state of Minnesota
- Websites provided by the U.S. federal government
Websites with General Health Information
- The American Academy of Pediatrics "...the American Academy of Pediatrics [is] an organization of 60,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults."
- Shape Up America! "The purpose of Shape Up America! is to educate the public on the importance of the achievement and maintenance of a healthy body weight through the adoption of increased physical activity and healthy eating."
Websites with Nutrition Information
- wichealth.org "The purpose of this website is to help WIC participants with children between the ages of 1 and 5 learn more about child feeding issues such as providing regular meals and snacks, working with picky eaters, creating a positive eating environment, and the roles of the parent and the child in the feeding relationship. This website is completely free for WIC clients."
- Children's Nutrition Research Center "The Children's Nutrition Research Center, CNRC, is dedicated to defining the nutrient needs of children, from conception through adolescence, and the needs of pregnant women and nursing mothers."
Websites Provided by the State of Minnesota
- Guide to Additional Health Resources Includes phone numbers for and information about Free or Reduced Cost Health Care/First Call for Help, Lower Cost Dental Services, Health Care for Children with Disabilities, General Insurance Information, etc.
- Immunizations Schedules "Find out what shots you or your child needs, and when."
- Medical Assistance "...care coverage for low-income Minnesotans...who are children under the age of 21, parents or relative caretakers of dependent children, pregnant women, people who are 65 or older and people who have a disability. There is no cost for those who meet the income limits."
- Minnesota Care "The Minnesota Department of Health Services ensures basic health care coverage for low-income Minnesotans...who do not have access to affordable health insurance. Enrollees pay a monthly premium based on their family's income, size and number of family members covered."
- Minnesota Department of Human Services "The MN Dept. of Human Services helps people meet their basic needs by providing or administering health care coverage, economic assistance, and a variety of services for children, people with disabilities and older Minnesotans."
- The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) "...MFIP is the state's welfare reform program for low-income families with children. It includes both cash and food assistance. The purpose of MFIP is to help families transition to economic stability."
Websites Provided by the United States Federal Government
- womenshealth.gov "The Office on Women's Health coordinates women's health efforts in [the Department of Health and Human Services] to eliminate disparities in health status and supports culturally sensitive educational programs that encourage women to take personal responsibility for their own health and wellness."
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, serves as the national focus for developing and applying disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education activities designed to improve the health of the people of the United States."
- Minnesota Food Stamps Program "The Food Stamp Program serves as the first line of defense against hunger....The program is the cornerstone of the Federal Food assistance programs, and provides crucial support to needy households and to those making the transition from welfare to work."
- Healthfinder - Your Guide to Reliable Health Information "...healthfinder has been recognized as a key resource for finding the best government and nonprofit health and human services information on the Internet. Healthfinder links to carefully selected information and Web sites from over 1,700 health-related organizations."
- nutrition.gov "NUTRITION.GOV, a new federal resource, provides easy access to all online federal government information on nutrition, health eating, physical activity, and food safety, easily accessible in one place..."
- US Food and Drug Administration "The FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products...[and] our nation's food supply.... The FDA is also responsible for advancing the public health by helping...the public get the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods to improve their health."
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service "This website is maintained by the Food and Nutrition Service, FNS, a federal agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, responsible for administering the WIC Program at the national and regional levels."
To find the phone # of a WIC Clinic near you, select one of the following:
Or call 1-800-WIC-4030 (1-800-942-4030)
Don't delay...we're here to help.