Breastfeeding and the New Food Package
MN WIC Program
Breastfeeding is important for both you and your baby.
- Fully breastfeeding babies get the feeding that doctors and WIC recommend - your milk. And in turn, WIC provides you with extra foods (PDF: 223KB/1 page).
- Nothing can provide the same nutrition and protection for your baby - even though some ads try to make you believe that other feedings are good for baby.
What have you heard about breastfeeding?
- How you feed your baby is one of the most important decisions you will make.
- You protect and feed your baby while you are pregnant. Your body is preparing for breastfeeding so you can continue this important role after baby is born.
- You make special milk to protect and nourish your baby as soon as he is born. Your milk changes to meet the needs of your growing baby and to help him stay strong and healthy.
Photo used with the permission of Texas Department of State Health Services
Breastfeeding is convenient!
Always ready – no bottles or mixing required.
Breastfeeding can save you time!
No need to wash bottles or mix.
Babies enjoy breastfeeding. They like the taste of your milk and being close to mom.
Better health makes baby happier.
New parents have questions!
WIC is here to answer those questions. WIC can also share information about expressing your milk to feed your baby.
Other places to learn more about breastfeeding:
More from MN WIC: