Resident and Provider Information
Patient Bill of Rights
Patient Bill of Rights can be viewed in English, Spanish, Hmong, Somali, and
Documents included are:
- Minnesota Patient Bill of Rights (Hospitals)
- Resident Bill of Rights (Nursing Homes)
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights for Assisted Living Clients
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights for Home Care Services
- Combined Bill of Rights for Home Care
- Combined Bill of Rights for Assisted Living Clients
- Minnesota Hospice Bill of Rights
- Combined Bill of Rights for Hospice
- Minnesota Outpatient Surgical Center Patient's Bill of Rights
Health Care Provider Directory/Statistics
- Directory For Locating Minnesota's Health Care Providers Updated Daily
- Nursing Home Report Card
Information to help consumers select a nursing home for family members.
- 2001 and 2002 Nursing and Boarding Care Home Occupancy Statistics
- Link to Minnesota's Bookstore to purchase a copy of the Directory of Licensed and Certified Health Care Facilities
- Questions and Answers About Health Care Directives - Revised October 2006
- Health Care Directives Questions and Answers--Printable Brochure (PDF: 122kb/2 pages) Download and photocopy back-to-back - Revised March 2007
Voting and Residential Facilities
Links to information on the Secretary of State's web site about voting information for Residents and Employees of Residential Facilities.
- Voting Information for Residents and Employees of Residential Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions About Residential Facility Employee Vouching (pdf:60k/3 pages)
Long Term Care Information
- MDH Long Term Care Issues Ad
This Web site was created for Long Term Care Issues Ad Hoc Committee members and interested others to have easier access to the information that has been distributed or discussed at committee meetings. This site will also provide links to long-term care information that may benefit continued discussion of the committee and subcommittees.
- Nursing Home Survey Process Power Point Presentation
Members of the public can download and use this power point presentation on the Federal Nursing Home Survey Process. For further information specifics of the nursing home survey process, refer to Nursing Home State Operations Manual on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid website.
- 2005 Quality Improvement Plan for the Nursing Facility Survey Process.
- Nursing and Boarding Care Home Inspections:
Information for Residents, Families and Visitors. This publication has been produced in a LARGE FONT to accommodate those with visual difficulties.
- Nursing homes in your area.
Nursing home compare-inspection results, guide to choosing a nursing home, resident and compliance information regarding Medicare and Medicaid regulations (Federal Medicare Website).
A statewide database of community resources with special topic areas containing resources for older adults.
The Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging. The service links those who need assistance with state and local area agencies on aging and community-based organizations that serve older adults and their caregivers
- Senior LinkAge Line® is a free information and assistance service that makes it easy for seniors and their families to find community services. Contact the Senior LinkAge Line® at (800) 333-2433 or by email at https://mnhelp.revation.com/email/sll.htm
- Safety Without Restraints