Filing a Complaint
Consumers of health care services have a responsibility to promote the highest quality of care. If you witness a suspected violation of health department regulations, patient and residents' rights or the MN Vulnerable Adults Protection Act (physical or mental abuse, neglect, or unexplained injury) call the Office of Health Facility Complaints (OHFC).
Complaints, questions, or concerns must relate to:
- licensed facilities (hospitals, nursing homes, boarding care homes, supervised living facilities assisted living and home health agencies)
- individuals or organizations exempted from licensure per MS 144A.46, Subd. 2, or
- allegations of child maltreatment in non-licensed personal care provider organizations.
Prompt action is vital, as there may be time-limits on what can be investigated. If you see something that may be a violation, write down all you know about it (location, names, times, etc.). You can reach OHFC during working hours at 651-201-4201 or toll free from any where in the country by calling 1-800-369-7994.
There are two options for completing and printing the Complaint Form:
- Print and complete complaint form (PDF:56kb:3 pages)
Allows you to print a paper copy of the form to be completed and mailed back to OHFC
- Print and/or complete complaint form online (MSWord:3 pages)
Allows you to complete the form online, save a copy with a new file name to your computer files, and then email an electronic copy or send a paper copy to OHFC via US Mail.
To give you the option to e-mail your complaint to the Office of Health Facility Complaints, the division provides access to the OHFC email address. When submitting an electronic complaint, provide enough information to describe the situation and include your contact information.
Complaints can be anonymous, but it helps OHFC to know who you are and where you can be reached if more information is needed, and to let you know the results of the investigation. OHFC protects your identity under the MN Data Practices Act. Your confidentiality is respected.