Case Mix Vendor Information
Minnesota Specific MDS Information
- Effective with the CMS data specification release of 5/19/2013, Minnesota Case Mix System will no longer require that Z0250A (Alternate State Medicaid Billing, RUG Case Mix group) and Z0250B (Alternate State Medicaid Billing, RUG version code) be populated with Minnesota Rug-III group and version code.
- Minnesota does not use Section S
- Minnesota is a Case Mix state and computes a RUG-IV, 48-group version [setF01) with index maximization, effective 10/1/2010. The RUG-IV logic version for Z0200B is 102. Note: MDS 3.0 field Z0200A (state Medicaid Billing) and Z0200B (RUG Version Code) are to be populated.
- Minnesota has two state specific groups (Short stay[DDF] and Penalty [AAA]) which are calculated by MDH after the assessment has been submitted to the MDS system.
- Minnesota uses the OBRA assessments to calculate RUG classifications and does not require additional assessments. Exception: An admission assessment is required for all residents, unless the facility elects to accept the short stay rate with a Case Mix index of 1.0 for all residents who stay less than fourteen days.