Information Bulletin 10-04
Notice: Conversion to OASIS Individual User ID
The purpose of this bulletin is to provide information to the Minnesota Medicare Certified Home Health Agencies that submit the OASIS assessments to the CMS OASIS State System.
To enhance the security of the data submitted to the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) system, all users of that system are required to obtain and safeguard a unique personal user ID. Shared Home Health Agency (HHA) login IDs are no longer permitted to submit assessment data to the OASIS system.
Each HHA is allowed two individuals with personal user IDs to submit OASIS assessment information and view CASPER reports. The password is valid for 60 days, after which time the system prompts the user to create a new password.
The change in security will be deployed at a state level. Minnesotaís deployment date is Tuesday, June 1, 2010.
When the security changes are deployed to our state, home care agencies will no longer be able to access the OASIS State Submission System using their current state-assigned shared login ID. Agencies will be required to register for a named individual user ID.
The HHA Individual User Registration link will be added to the OASIS Welcome page on June 1, 2010. The link will be displayed directly above the OASIS Submission link.
Note: The registration process is not to be used by a Corporate and Third Party Service Bureau who submits on behalf of multiple HHA providers.
They must request a named personal login ID by completing the OASIS Corporate Access Request Form or OASIS Third Party Service Bureau User Request Form on the QTSO website (www.qtso.com).
Actions to be Taken
OASIS Personal ID Registration Instructions
On or after June 1, 2010:
- Use your current shared ID (MNHxxxxx, MN0xxxx or MN2xxxx) and password to login and register.
- Complete the registration; you will be required to enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Responses to three (3) security questions
- Upon successful completion of the registration, you will receive a confirmation page that includes your new OASIS named individual user ID.
- You can use your new individual user ID to process submission files the same day but your CMS OASIS validation reports will be available the day following your initial registration.
- Each agency will be allowed to have two (2) personal user IDs.
OASIS Forms and Other Conversion Resources
- The QIES User Maintenance Application Userís Guide will be posted on the CMS OASIS Welcome page with the rollout of the conversion changes.
- The OASIS Conversion Forms have been posted on https://www.qtso.com/accesshha.html
Fax or e-mail the completed form to the QTSO Help Desk.
FAX: 888-477-7871 E-mail: email@example.com
Fax cover sheet must contain agency letterhead and must be sent from an agency fax machine. Please allow 5 business days for the request to be processed.
State of Minnesota OASIS Helpdesk
Phone: (651) 201-3818 or 1-800-657-3879
Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org