Information Bulletin 14-04
Nursing Home Regulatory Statewide Phone Calls
The purpose of this information bulletin is to inform consumers and providers that MDH will sponsor three statewide ongoing telephone conference calls on implementation of nursing home regulatory guidelines and updates.
These calls will take place on:
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 16, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 15, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All nursing home providers and interested parties are invited to participate. Each nursing home is requested to use only one line. There is no charge to participate.
Agendas and Attachments
Materials for June 15, 2015 Call
- Agenda for June 15, 2015 Statewide Telephone Call (PDF: 59KB/3 pages)
- Focused Survey Facility Worksheet (MDS Worksheet #1) (PDF: 121KB/1 page)
- Fall Prevention and Elimination; Evidence Based Resources, Reports of Practice, Articles: Empira, 2015 (PDF: 46KB/5 pages)
- Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes Antipsychotic Drug use in Nursing Homes Trend Update (PDF)
- Reducing and Discontinuing Resident Alarms - The False Reassurance of Personal Alarms (PDF: 45KB/2 pages)
- Fall Scene Investigation Report (PDF)
- Rethinking the Use of Position Change Alarms (PDF)
Article recommended by Sue Ann Guildermann: “Not Preventing Falls - Promoting Function,” Sarah Kagan, PhD., RN, Alice Puppione, MSN, RN, et all. Geriatric Nursing, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 55-57. January/February 2011.
Materials for March 16, 2015 Call
- Agenda for March 16, 2015 Statewide Telephone Call (PDF: 58KB/1 page)
- Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network Flyer (PDF: 50KB/1 page)
- The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC): Why should my nursing home join? Flyer (PDF: 180KB/2 pages)
- Root Cause Analysis Toolkit for Long-Term Care: A step-by-step guide to assist your team in conducting root cause analysis (PDF: 329KB/1 page)
- Center for Clinical Standards and Quality/Survey & Certification Group: Staffing Focused Surveys Update (PDF: 296KB/11 pages)
Materials for January 20, 2015 Call
- Agenda for January 20, 2015 Statewide Telephone Call (PDF: 67KB/1 page)
- National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative Details (PDF: 139KB/1 page)
- Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes Antipsychotic Drug use in Nursing Homes Trend Update (PDF: 249KB/4 pages)
- The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC) Why should my nursing home join? (PDF: 180KB/2 pages)
Registration is available online at No Charge Event Registration.
Providers must register online to participate in the call. Registration closes at end of working day 2 days prior to the call. The call-in number and participant code will be provided 2 days prior to the call. Make sure your email address is correct on your registration to get the phone number and participant code.
Information on this website is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities upon request.