Information Bulletin 18-01
NH - 181
BCH - 75
Nursing Home Regulatory Statewide Phone Call: Monday, July 16, 2018
The purpose of this information bulletin is to inform consumers and providers that the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) will sponsor statewide Nursing Home Regulatory telephone conference call. This call will provide an update on implementation of federal nursing home regulation guidelines and updates.
This call will take place on Monday, July 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All nursing home providers and interested parties are invited to participate. Each nursing home is requested to use only one line. There is no charge to participate.
Materials for the July 16, 2018 Call
- Agenda for July 16, 2018 Statewide Telephone Call (PDF)
- Invasive Group A Streptococcus (GAS) in Long Term Care Facilities (PDF)
- Wound Care Infection Prevention Recommendations for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
This recording will remain on the MDH website for 90 days and will be removed after October 31, 2018.
Sign Up for MDH GovDelivery Email Notices
To sign up to receive MDH GovDelivery email notices, Subscribe to Information Bulletins.
- Since implementing the 2017 revisions to the federal nursing home regulations, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has implemented a robust federal website that is also linked from the MDH website. MDH STRONGLY urges everyone to check this website regularly and access valuable resources. See:
Federal CMS Nursing Home Regulation Resources
CMS - Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Members of the public often wonder what current data on federal deficiencies are issued by Minnesota. This can be accessed at a CMS website on an ongoing basis. Data is updated continuously so this is subject to change. See:
S&C's Quality, Certification and Oversight Reports (QCOR)
- Joint statewide nursing home training is planned for the fall of 2018. More details will be forthcoming.
Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-201-4101.