Location or Address Change Process for Medicare-certified Home Health Agencies
A Medicare-certified home care agency that is relocating or has an address change will provide the following:
- Health Facility Identification Number (HFID)
- CMS Certification Number (CCN)
- Previous location/address
- New location/address
- Effective date of location/address change
- Verify the distance between previous and new location/address
- Verify there has been no change with home health services provided, staffing, clients or service area
- Notice will be signed by home health agency official
If deemed status, the Medicare-certified home health agency will notify the accrediting organization of the location/address change.
If deemed status, MDH cannot recommend the change until after we have received a copy of the change letter from the accrediting organization.
CMS-approved Accrediting Organizations (PDF)
Completed documents and supporting documentation should be emailed or mailed to:
Minnesota Department of Health
Health Regulation Division
P.O. Box 64900
St. Paul, MN 55164-0900
Attn: Certification Specialist
Email address: health.CM-Cert@state.mn.us
CMS 855A application and all supporting documentation should be submitted to the designated Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for the location/address.
- CMS 855A Medicare Enrollment Application (PDF)
- (See Medicare Fee-for-Service Provider Enrollment Contact List)
MDH will not process the location/address change until after the facility notice, 855A and approval letter from the Medicare Administrative Contractor are received.