Stay on the Nursing Assistant Registry
Take these steps to stay on the registry. Your job may depend on it!
- You must work at least 8 hours as a paid nursing assistant every 24 months.
- You must send MDH a form showing us you did this work. Complete the Nursing Assistant Registry Update form (PDF: 27KB/1 page) and mail it to MDH at least once every 24 months.
- You must provide a copy of a recent pay stub from your employer.
- Report any address changes to MDH. If we do not have your address, we cannot send you a very important letter notifying you that you are about to fall off the registry. Complete the Nursing Assistant Registry Update form (PDF: 27KB/1 page) or call the registry to update your information.
- To change your name on the registry, you must complete the Nursing Assistant Registry Update form (PDF: 27KB/1 page). Also include the legal document you used to change your name.
- If you are not working at a nursing home or certified boarding care home, you must attach a copy of your job description from your employer.
If you fall off the registry and need to get back on, it can sometimes take 30 business days to get back on the registry. This could mean that you may not be able to work for 30 business days. So please take the above steps to make sure you can keep caring for your clients.