Programs & Initiatives in Communities
Prediabetes & Diabetes Resources
Twin Cities Medical Society (TCMS) offers diabetes prevention webinar
This provider webinar provides the latest research on prediabetes, the Diabetes Prevention Program, and how the Diabetes Prevention Connection referral call center can help people find an in person or online class. It will also review new insurance coverage for diabetes screening and for the program cost.FREE Continuing Medical Education credits (1.5) are available for completing the webinar, as are Continuing Education Unit certificates for other health professionals. Access the webinar at TCMS Preventing Type 2 Diabetes.
- I CAN Prevent Diabetes – Find a Program in Minnesota – Program Calendar for local NDPP.
- Locate a Participating Y – Find a YMCA that offers the NDPP.
- Diabetes – National Diabetes Prevention Program – Find a NDPP recognized program near you
- American Diabetes Association – Learn more about diabetes and prediabetes.
- Diabetes A-Z – Learn all about diabetes and related topics from the National Institute of Diabetes Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- National Diabetes Education Program – Find information for community organizations and health care professionals.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs in Minnesota – Google Map of DSME program locations.
- Minneapolis EXPO – American Diabetes Association’s annual Diabetes Expo in Minneapolis.