Trainings & Conferences
Stroke Education Webinar
Emergency Stroke Care in the Rural ED
The Cardiovascular Health Unit is pleased to offer a stroke education webinar to help Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals meet their stroke education requirements for designation. Hospitals are encouraged to invite their ED nursing staff and those on the Acute Stroke Team to view this webinar. We suggest that you set up a meeting room where staff can watch the webinar as a group.
- To view a recording of the webinar, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take the evaluation survey to claim your contact hours after watching the recording
Donna Lindsay, MN, RN, CNS-BC, SCRN
Neuroscience Clinical Nurse Specialist & Stroke Program Coordinator
Hennepin County Medical Center
This presentation will cover best practices in stroke care in the pre-hospital and Emergency Department setting.
- Management of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke patients
- Criteria for IV thrombolytic therapy and post IV alteplase nursing assessment
- Transfer protocol and “Drip and Ship”
- Case studies
This webinar will be recorded. To view the webinar at a later time, email us at email@example.com
Take the evaluation survey to claim your contact hours (will open on 2/16).
Minnesota Stroke Program | Cardiovascular Health Unit | Stroke in Minnesota | About Stroke | Minnesota Stroke Registry | Minnesota Stroke System | Stroke System Designated Hospitals | Stroke System Designated Hospitals Map | Stroke System FAQ | Stroke Awareness Campaign | Emergency Medical Services for Stroke | Transitions of Care for Stroke Patients