Who We Are
Center for Health Promotion
We promote, encourage and support healthy and safe communities. We work to build capacity for individual, community and system change to improve health and prevent chronic disease.
Our goal is for Minnesotans to enjoy healthier, longer lives
- We facilitate effective collaborations and partnerships
- We convene forums to identify common interests and foster action
- We translate health research and information into practice
- We develop and disseminate innovative and effective health promotion strategies
- We focus on priority populations
Improving asthma care and quality of life for people who have asthma.
To improve cardiovascular health and reduce the burden of heart disease and stroke for all people living in Minnesota.
We work across communities statewide to strengthen their ability to prevent type 2 diabetes and manage all types of diabetes.
The State Oral Health Program is promotes, protects, maintains and improves oral health because it is integral to the health of all Minnesotans.
Center for Health Promotion Directory
Don Bishop PhD, Section Manager • 651-201-5402 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Brunner, Program Manager and Epidemiologist • 651-201-5895 • email@example.com
Stanton Shanedling, PhD, MPH • Unit Supervisor • 651-201-5408 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Prasida Khanal, MPH, BDS • State Oral Health Director • 651-201-3538 • email@example.com