Minnesota HIA Coalition
The purpose of the Minnesota (MN) Health Impact Assessment (HIA) Coalition is to bring together communities and organizations in MN to:
- Educate on and promote the appropriate* use of HIA.
- Share information, tools, best practices and lessons learned (especially what works and what doesn’t) from HIAs.
- Collaborate on and coordinate (when applicable) HIA-related activities.
- Seek funding and act as a sounding board for future HIA projects.
- Support efforts to evaluate and document the processes and outcomes of HIA.
- Promote/institutionalize policies for HIAs and Health in All Policies.
*HIA, as articulated by the National Research Council, uses a distinct methodology and is one tool for promoting health in policies and plans. The MN HIA Coalition acknowledges that sometimes other tools are more appropriate and useful in achieving better health for a population.
Anyone is welcome to join the MN HIA Coalition as long as they agree with the MN HIA Coalition’s Goals, Values and Principles of Collaboration. For more information and to sign up, please complete a membership form. If you are interested in attending the meetings, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.NEW The MN HIA Coalition created a Minnesota HIA Action Guide to advance HIA capacity and understanding in Minnesota. This Guide covers the basics of HIAs in Minnesota, including talking points, information on HIAs completed in Minnesota, and resources.
The MN HIA Coalition meets four times per year. The 2016 meetings are:
- February 8, 2016 (10:00 AM - Noon) - Roseville Public Library
- May 23, 2016 (10:00 AM - Noon) - Minnesota Department of Health
- September 12, 2016 (10:00 AM - Noon) -Minnesota Department of Health
- December 5, 2016 (10:00 AM - Noon) - Minnesota Department of Health
Notes from the most recent meeting: