Minnesota HIA Coalition
MDH is inviting a broad range of stakeholders to be a part of the MN HIA Coalition, including professionals from government agencies, nonprofit and advocacy groups, health care organizations, community organizations and foundations interested in incorporating health into decision-making through HIA.
The draft goals of the MN HIA Coalition are the following:
- Educate on and promote the appropriate use of HIA.
- Share information, tools, best practices and lessons learned (especially what works and what doesn’t) from HIAs.
- Collaborate on and coordinate (when applicable) HIA-related activities.
- Seek and vet future projects for HIA funding opportunities.
- Promote/systematize policies, legislation and funding for HIAs and Health in All Policies.
- Seek funding to support MN HIAs.
- Develop a strategic plan/workplan to accomplish goals.
The second MN HIA Coalition meeting has been scheduled for Monday, November 25. If you are interested in joining the MN HIA Coalition, please send an email to email@example.com.
Below are agendas and meeting notes for the MN HIA Coalition.
The Minnesota HIA Coalition is supported by a grant from the Health Impact Project, a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and The Pew Charitable Trusts.