Minnesota HIA Coalition
The Minnesota (MN) HIA Coalition brought communities and organizations in MN together to:
- Educate on and promote the appropriate* use of HIA.
- Share information, tools, best practices and lessons learned (especially what works and what doesn’t) from HIAs.
- Collaborate on and coordinate (when applicable) HIA-related activities.
- Seek funding and act as a sounding board for future HIA projects.
- Support efforts to evaluate and document the processes and outcomes of HIA.
- Promote/institutionalize policies for HIAs and Health in All Policies.
*HIA, as articulated by the National Research Council, uses a distinct methodology and is one tool for promoting health in policies and plans. The MN HIA Coalition acknowledges that sometimes other tools are more appropriate and useful in achieving better health for a population.
NEW The MN HIA Coalition created a Minnesota HIA Action Guide (PDF) to advance HIA capacity and understanding in Minnesota. This Guide covers the basics of HIAs in Minnesota, including talking points, information on HIAs completed in Minnesota, and resources.
The MN HIA Coalition convened from 2013-2017. If you have questions about the Coalition or materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.