HIA in Minnesota
MDH is aware of 18 HIAs that have been completed or are in process in Minnesota. Most of the HIAs have focused on built environment projects and planning. More specifically, most of the HIAs have been performed on transportation-related projects and/or comprehensive plans. To the right is a timeline of HIA activities in Minnesota. Click the chart to open a larger version.
Links to the recent HIAs in Minnesota are provided below:
- Above the Falls HIA
- Bottineau Transitway HIA
- School Integration Strategies in MN HIA
- Gary/New Duluth Small Area Plan HIA
- Cloquet Transportation Planning HIA
- Goodhue County Zoning Districts HIA
- St. Paul Emerald Ash Borer Policy HIA
- Minnesota School Location and Design HIA
MDH's current HIA work is supported by a grant from the Health Impact Project, a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and The Pew Charitable Trusts. Prior to March 2013, MDH HIA work was supported by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.