Winona Active Living Plan HIA
Between fall 2013 and summer 2014, Winona County Community Services will be developing a county-wide Active Living Plan to provide direction on policies and practices that create active communities through non-motorized transportation (biking and walking) and access to community recreation facilities.
The purpose of the Winona County Active Living Plan Health Impact Assessment (HIA) is to enhance the Active Living Plan by moving beyond the obvious activities, such as bicycle and pedestrian planning, to a more holistic analysis of policy decisions that may ultimately influence physical activity.
The HIA will provide the opportunity for significant public and stakeholder engagement through an HIA Advisory Committee, community focus groups and one-on-one interviews, to gain a better understanding of how the Active Living Plan and related health issues can or will impact the most vulnerable populations—elderly, youth, rural families, families living in poverty, etc.
- Andrea Gierok, Health Educator, Winona County Community Services
- Jason Gilman, Director, Winona County Planning and Environmental Services
- Jill Johnson, Special Projects Coordinator, Winona County Administration
- Kelly Muellman, Planner, Minnesota Department of Health
- Beth Wilms, Director, Winona County Community Services
- Sandra Burke, Director, Winona Volunteer Services
- Jodi Dansingburg, School Coordinator, Ridgeway Community School
- Dena Otto, Manager, Golden Living- St. Charles
- Dr. Pamela M. Peterson, PhD, LP, Clinical Psychologist
- Charles Shepard, MD, Medical Director, Winona Health
- Janel Miller, Community Engagement Coordinator, Winona Health
- Peter Sternberg, Professor, Winona State University
- Marsha Yancy, Senior Advocate, Winona Friendship Center
August 13, 2014
Sixth HIA Advisory Committee Meeting
9:30 AM - 11:30AM
Winona County Government Center, Board Room
June 23, 2014
Fifth HIA Advisory Committee Meeting
June 11, 2014
Fourth HIA Advisory Committee Meeting
April 9, 2014
Third HIA Advisory Committee Meeting
February 19, 2014
Second HIA Advisory Committee Meeting
January 7, 2014
HIA Kickoff: Advisory Committee Meeting and HIA Training
The Winona County Active Living Plan HIA is supported by a grant from the Health Impact Project, a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and The Pew Charitable Trusts.