Cancer Registries -
How to Submit Data
MDH File Transfer
The Minnesota Department of Health File Transfer is an application for external partners to securely share files with specific contacts at the Department. You will need a username and a password to access the application. If you have not received a username or password from MDH please send an email to Health.Mcss.Upload@state.mn.us.
This application is web-based and requires no extra hardware or software, only a web browser.
Follow this link to access the Minnesota Department of Health File Transfer
- Login to the application with your user name and password.
a. If you have not received a username or password from MDH please send an email to Health.Mcss.Upload@state.mn.us and we will provide login information.
b. If you do not access the application within 90 days, using the username and password provided, the account will be disabled and you will need to request new login information.
- You will need to change your password the first time you log in. Click on the “Change Password” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter the recipient email address: Health.MCSS.Upload@state.mn.us. You can also send any questions about the process to this email address.
- Select a file from your local computer by clicking the ‘Browse’ button. Multiple files can be sent by selecting them one at a time and adding them to the web list. Be sure to attach the Transmittal Form for Electronic Submission of Cases (MSWord) so we know what the files contain.
- Type in a short, simple explanation of the file in the comments section. These comments will appear in the email notification for the file to help the receiver understand the content of the upload.
- Click submit.
A pop-up window will appear in the upper right corner of the page saying “Successfully Created” if the application sent the file.
HelpYour first point of contact for assistance is the person who requested the file(s). Please contact them with any questions or difficulties. For general questions about sending files to the MCSS, please call 651-201-5900.
This is an image of the MDH Upload Page:
- MCSS Reportability Dates for Specific Diagnoses, Data Items, Coding Manuals (PDF: 24KB/2 pages)
- MCSS Reportable Terms List (PDF: 35KB/4 pages)