Cancer Statistics and Reports
Cancer Incidence Data
Minnesota Public Health Data Access is a web-based data access portal where you can view interactive cancer data maps, submit queries and download data.
MCSS produces a biennial report summarizing the occurrence of cancer in Minnesota. It contains analyses of the available cancer data by the MCSS. Cancer rates, trends, and prevalence are presented, as well as the variation in risk by age, gender, race and ethnicity, and geographic area.
- Cancer in Minnesota 1988-2009, December 2012 (PDF)
- Cancer in Minnesota 1988-2008, March 2012 (PDF)
- Archived Biennial Reports
- Cancer in Minnesota, 2010: Preliminary Report (PDF)
- Cancer in Minnesota, 2009: 24-Month Report (PDF)
- Cancer in Minnesota, 2009: Preliminary Report (PDF)
Cancer Facts and Figures
The Minnesota Department of Health, the American Cancer Society and the Minnesota Cancer Alliance collaborate to produce this summary of cancer in Minnesota. Stakeholders in cancer control will use this document to measure progress in meeting the objectives stated in Cancer Plan Minnesota, the state’s comprehensive cancer control plan. Cancer patients, health care and public health professionals, policy makers, advocates, news organizations and the public may find it useful when seeking detailed, easy-to-read information about cancer in Minnesota.
- Cancer Occurrence in the North/Northeast Communities of Minneapolis, 2003-2012
- Cancer Occurrence in St. Louis Park, 1993-2012
- Cancer Occurrence in the Como Neighborhood of Southeast Minneapolis (2001–2010) (PDF)
- June 7, 2007-Cancer Incidence in Dakota and Washington Counties (PDF)
- Archived Epidemiology and Quality Control Reports
Other Reports & Publications
- A Nonparametric Approach for Determining Significance of County Cancer Rates Compared to the Overall State Rate: Illustrated With Minnesota Data April 2012 (PDF)
- FORTRAN code to calculate the Wilcoxon Rank Sum Test for the differences in county vs. state age-adjusted cancer incidence rates, 2011 (PDF)
- Factsheet: Community Concerns about Cancer in Northeast Minneapolis, April 2011 (PDF)
- Archived Other Reports & Publications