Occupational Health and Safety Resources and Links
- Young Worker Safety in Restaurants eTool
This eTool describes common hazards and potential safety solutions for teen workers and employers in the restaurant industry.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Youth &
This website has a wealth of information about teen work safety. Learn about worker safety laws and how to be safe in the workplace.
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
This website provides up-to-date information on Minnesota’s worker safety laws. For information specific to teen labor laws, visit their Child Labor Laws webpage.
- Minnesota Safety Council
This website provides general safety information.
- Marshfield Clinic Research Institute - National Farm Medicine Center
This website provides information on health and safety issues associated with agricultural work and rural life. The Center includes the National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety. This site includes links to many other resources.
- University of Minnesota Extension Service
— County Offices
Your county extension office can provide you with farm safety information. Look up your local extension office address and phone number at this website location.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Occupational
Safety and Health Administration
This website is the premier site for teen worker safety and health information provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Their mission is to help you stay healthy and safe while on the job.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Youth Rules!
The Youth Rules! website and activities will educate teens, parents, educators, employers and the public on the Federal and State rules regarding young workers – the hours youth can work and the jobs you can do. The Youth Rules! initiative will also help teens and employers work together to ensure safe work experiences.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- University of Minnesota Extension
- MDH Disease Control Newsletter