Learning About Nutrition Through Activities (LANA)
The goal of the LANA Preschool Program is to help young children learn to taste, eat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables in order to promote good health, including healthy weight and reduced risk of chronic disease.
LANA helps children learn to eat more fruits and vegetables by:
- Increasing opportunities for them to taste and eat fruits and vegetables
- Providing opportunities for hands-on experiences with fruits and vegetables
- Creating a supportive environment for eating fruits and vegetables
- Providing them with role models who eat fruits and vegetables
- Connecting classroom or child care activities with their home environment
Help is available for:
- SHIP grantees & Minnesota local public health staff
- Child Care Resource & Referral staff
- Child & Adult Care Food Program trainers
- University of Minnesota Extension staff
We can provide you LANA materials and training handouts in electronic format, as well as technical assistance on program implementation and evaluation.