Learning About Nutrition Through Activities
Free training is now available in two formats: a powerpoint presentation with a transcript and a video of a LANA training. Both versions provide background on the development of LANA and walk you through the curriculum and how to use it. If you are a trainer, remember that live trainings are preferable to recorded ones because they allow for more interaction and offer the ability to customize the content for the specific audience.
Use this presentation:
- to view the training on an individual computer screen.
- to offer a live training by showing the slides and providing live commentary using the training transcript (below).
- to print slides as a handout to accompany the training.
- Training presentataion (PDF 1.79MB/74pgs)
- PowerPoint version of training (PPTX 19.4MB/74pgs)
- Sharing Food Tasks video: View or download the Sharing Food Tasks video to show at the time indicated in the slides.
LANA training video
Use this recording to view the training on an individual computer screen, to prepare a trainer to offer a live training, or to download and project onto a large screen for a group training.
Train the trainer
Help is available for:
- SHIP Grantees & Minnesota Local Public Health Staff
- Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Staff
- Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Trainers
- University of Minnesota Extension Staff
We can provide you with electronic files for printing LANA materials and training handouts, as well as technical assistance on program implementation and evaluation.
For more information, contact:
Joyce O’Meara at 651-201-3546 or firstname.lastname@example.org