Physical Activity: Communities--Walkability, Active Living and More
Active Community Workshop
The Minnesota Department of Health offers Active Community Workshop Facilitator Training for teams of public health and public planning professionals who will serve as trained workshop co-facilitators.
- Public health professionals with expertise in physical activity, health promotion, and chronic disease prevention would be well suited as co-facilitators. Positions could include physical activity specialists, health educators, and health promotion specialists.
- Public planning professionals with expertise in transportation engineering and community design would be well suited as co-facilitators. Positions could include county or city engineers and county or city planners.
- Train co-facilitators on how to conduct Active Community Workshops
- Outline how a workshop may assist a community in completion of a community walkability assessment and development of a community action plan
- Realize a cost savings of about $2,500 per workshop with trained local facilitators
These trainings are only offered through local public health agencies and tribal governments in Minnesota.
Contact us at: email@example.com for more information.