Tobacco Prevention and Control
We are working to improve the health of Minnesotans by promoting the reduction of tobacco use, and by connecting health professionals and the public to valuable resources, including information on smoking cessation and the effects of tobacco use, educational materials, and guidance on community-based tobacco prevention programs. Our work in tobacco prevention and control is focused on:
- Preventing initiation of tobacco use among youth and young adults.
- Reducing current tobacco use among youth and adults.
- Eliminating nonsmokers’ exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Identifying and eliminating tobacco-related disparities.
- Continuing to provide leadership on tobacco prevention and control in Minnesota and nationwide.
View more topics here: Explore the Facts