Tobacco Prevention and Control:
Ending the Tobacco Problem: A Blueprint for the Nation
The site provides examples of organizations that have applied those recommendations to their unique circumstances, serving as a model for other communities ready to take action.
Helping People Quit
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Tools for Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence
- ClearWay Minnesota: Return on Investment for Tobacco Cessation (PDF: 511KB/3 pages)
- Working with Healthcare Delivery Systems to Improve the Delivery of Tobacco-Use Treatment to Patients (PDF: 1,598KB/64 pages)
- Helping Young Smokers Quit (HYSQ)
A multi-phase project that addresses the critical need to disseminate effective, developmentally appropriate cessation programs for adolescent smokers.
Youth Tobacco Prevention
Public Health Law Center Resources
Information and publications related to common tobacco advertising and retail marketing issues, and related law and public health obstacles and options
Minnesota Synar Report - FFY 2013 (PDF: 1,005KB/41 pages)
Mandated annual documentation of retailer compliance restricting tobacco access to minors
Tobacco's Hidden Influence on Our Kids [15-minute video]
Describes the role of tobacco advertising in the industry's marketing plans
(Contact the Alcohol & Tobacco Prevention and Control program for a copy ot the video at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Resources and materials, such as videos, tip sheets, and posters, to help anyone interested in teaching children, adolescents, teens, and young adults teens
Community Tobacco Prevention
- Engaging Employers in Tobacco Control
Workplace tobacco control efforts not only improve employee health, but also are highly cost-effective. Smoking-related illnesses lead to substantial health care costs and tobacco use decreases employee productivity. Individuals who quit using tobacco experience significant health benefits and the organizations that they work for yield positive returns.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO): Tobacco Prevention and Control
- Tobacco Technical Assistance Consortium (TTAC)
Individualized technical assistance and customized trainings
- Guide to Community Prevention Services - Tobacco
A free resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community. Systematic reviews are used to answer these questions:
- Which program and policy interventions have been proven effective?
- Are there effective interventions that are right for my community?
- What might effective interventions cost; what is the likely return on investment?