Physician Practices, Clinics, and Clinic System
Physician Clinic Data Submission Update
Fact Sheet - January 9, 2012 (pdf 1 pg/106Kb)
Providers of Diagnostic Imaging
Minnesota Statutes, section 144.565 requires submission of annual diagnostic imaging utilization and services information to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). All health care facilities (with the exception of hospitals) that provide or bill for diagnostic imaging services through the use of ionizing radiation (MRI, CT, PET, SPECT) using fixed, portable, or mobile equipment, must submit an annual Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Report. This reporting requirement applies regardless of whether the equipment used to provide the service is owned or leased. Reports are due March 1 for the prior fiscal year.
Minnesota Statutes, section 144.1225 requires that by August 1, 2013, advanced diagnostic imaging services eligible for reimbursement provided at facilities shall only be reimbursed if the facility where the service has been provided has obtained accreditation and has demonstrated holding accreditation annually in reports to the Commissioner of Health. Accreditation is not required for providers of Dental Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT).
- The 2014 Diagnostic Imaging Formset
(Available December 2014)
Capital Expenditure Reporting
Minnesota Statutes, section 62J.17, require health care providers in Minnesota to report all major capital spending commitments of $1 Million or more to the Minnesota Department of Health for retrospective review. If you have major capital expenditure commitments over $1 million you will need to complete the Captial Expenditure Retrospective Review report or the Capital Expenditure Commitment portions of the Diagnostic Imaging Report.
- 2014 Capital Expenditure Retrospective Review Report
for Health Care Systems and Other Providers Excel (517 KB)
(Download and save in Excel)
- Capital Expenditure Reporting Fact Sheet (pdf 68Kb/2 pgs)
- Health Care Systems Decision Flowchart (pdf 51Kb/1 pg)
- More Information about Capital Expenditure Reporting
- 2014 Submission Requirements
- The 2014 Capital Expenditure Retrospective Review Report, report is due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2015.
Capital Expenditure committments may be reported on the Capital Expenditure Retrospective Review report or may be included in the Diagnostic Imaging report. Commitments for imaging equipment should be on the Diagnostic Imaging report if one is filed by the provider.
- All submitted reports require a signed certification page, pdf attached to an e-mail or faxed to 651-201-5179, attn: HEP.
- If you have additional questions about the Diagnostic Imaging reporting or the Capital Expenditure Commitment report, please contact MDH at 651-201-3572 or email@example.com