Speech Language Pathologist and Audiologist Application Instructions and Forms
- Temporary License: Clinical Fellowship or Doctoral Externship
- Licensing as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Temporary License: Persons Credentialed by ASHA, ABA, or other States
- Licensing as an Audiologist
- Temporary License: Renewal
Application Processing Times: based on receiving a complete application.
- Full Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist License: up to 30 days.
- Clinical Fellowship or Doctoral Externship: 1-2 weeks.
- Temporary License for persons credentialed by ASHA, ABA or other states: 1-2 weeks.
Criminal Background Checks
Effective April 16, 2018, all applicants for initial licensure, temporary licensure, or relicensure after a lapse in licensure must undergo a criminal background check as required by MN Statutes 144.0572. This process can take up to three weeks or longer. Please submit both criminal background check and licensing applications around the same time. Your full license application should be submitted at least sixty days before the expiration of your temporary license, so that there is not a lapse in your licensed status.
Instructions for completing the criminal background study can be accessed here: Applicant Background Study Instruction Form (PDF)
Effective January 1, 2020, an applicant for a renewal license as an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, or hearing instrument dispense who was licensed or obtained licensure before January 1, 2018, must submit to a criminal background check.