Pre-approval of Continuing Education Courses
Are you a sponsor looking for pre-approval of CE courses?
There is no authority or process for pre-approval of continuing education course work. Sponsors of CE, speech-language pathologists and audiologists are responsible for following the requirements of MN Statute 148.5193 Subdivision 2., copied below:
Continuing education provided by sponsors. The commissioner will accept continuing education provided by sponsors if the continuing education activity meets the following standards:
- constitutes an organized program of learning;
- reasonably expects to advance the knowledge and skills of the speech-language pathologist or audiologist;
- pertains to subjects that relate to the practice of speech-language pathology or audiology;
- is conducted by individuals who have education, training, and experience by reason of which said individuals should be considered experts concerning the subject matter of the activity; and
- is presented by a sponsor who has a mechanism to verify participation and maintains attendance records for four years.