Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist Licensing - Temporary License: Renewal
You can renew a temporary license twice.
You will need to start this process 30 days before your temporary license expires.
This application may be used for renewal of a Temporary License for Clinical Fellowship/Doctoral Externship or Persons Credentialed by ASHA, ABA or Other States
- The applicant must complete and sign Part I of the Application and the Waiver and Release form.
- The speech-language pathologist or audiologist that will be your supervisor must complete and sign Part II of the application form.
- Make a copy of the completed forms for your records.
- ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Mail the original completed forms to the address on the form with a check or money order for the appropriate fee (see fee schedule) made payable to Treasurer, State of Minnesota.
- Once MDH has received the completed application and fee your money is deposited and the application will be reviewed and processed. This process takes 1-10 business days. Your approval letter and wallet card will be mailed to the designated address listed on your application.
- Any questions please call 651-201-3726 or email email@example.com
Print application form from link: Temporary License Application Form for Clinical Fellowship and /or Doctorial Externship (PDF)
Print application form from link:Temporary License Application Form for Persons Credentialed by ASHA, ABA, or other States (PDF)
Criminal Backgound Checks
Effective April 16, 2018, all applicants for initial licensure, temporary licensure, or relicensure after a lapse in licensure must undergo a criminal background check as required by MN Statutes 144.0572. This process can take up to three weeks or longer. Please submit both criminal background check and licensing application around the same time. Your full license application should be submitted at least sixty days before the expiration of your temporary license, so that there is not a lapse in your licensed status.
Instructions for completing the criminal background study can be accessed here: Applicant Background Study Instruction Form (PDF)
Effective January 1, 2020, an applicant for a renewal license or certificate as an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, or hearing instrument dispense who was licensed or obtained a certificate before January 1, 2018, must submit to a criminal background check