Temporary (Apprentice) Body Art Technician Renewal Information
If you are a temporary (apprentice) body art technician in Minnesota and wish to renew your temporary license, you will need to fill out a Renew Temporary Technician License Application (PDF: 224KB/4 pages). Currently Minnesota Statute allows for one renewal per discipline (piercing, tattoo). Each license is valid for one year. The cost of renewal is $100 plus a $10 surcharge, for a total of $110.
To renew your temporary (apprentice) technician license, you must:
- have been previously licensed as a temporary artist in the State of Minnesota;
- have a currently licensed MN Body Artist who is in good standing, who will agree to supervise you;
- wort at a currently licensed MN Body Art Establishment that is in good standing;
- supply a copy of a current, legal ID showing proof of age;
- update any information that has changed since our pervious application;
- complete the Renew Temporary Technician License Application (PDF: 224KB/4 pages); and
- pay the fee of $110 payable to "Treasurer, State of Minnesota."
Please note: If you change your supervisor, you must notify us by completing a Temporary Technician Supervisor Change Application (PDF: 198KB/3 pages) with the signature of your new supervisor. If your temporary license has not expired, you do not need to pay an additional fee for this change.
Length of Licensure: Temporary technician licenses are valid for one year. Currently Minnesota Statute allows for one renewal per discipline (piercing, tattoo).
Processing Time: Up to 5 business days AFTER application paperwork is considered complete.