Temporary (Apprentice) Body Art Technician Renewal Information
If you are a temporary (apprentice) body art technician in Minnesota and wish to renew your temporary license, you will need to fill out a Renew Temporary Technician License Application (PDF). Currently Minnesota Statute allows for one renewal per discipline (piercing, tattoo). Each license is valid for one year. The cost of renewal is $100.
To renew your temporary (apprentice) technician license, you must:
- have been previously licensed as a temporary artist in the State of Minnesota;
- have a currently licensed MN Body Artist who is in good standing, who will agree to supervise you;
- work at a currently licensed MN Body Art Establishment that is in good standing;
- supply a copy of a current, legal ID showing proof of age;
- update any information that has changed since our pervious application;
- complete the Renew Temporary Technician License Application (PDF); and
- pay the fee of $100 payable to "Treasurer, State of Minnesota."
Please note: If you change your supervisor, you must notify us by completing a Temporary Technician Supervisor Change Application (PDF) with the signature of your new supervisor. If your temporary license has not expired, you do not need to pay an additional fee for this change.
Length of Licensure: Temporary technician licenses are valid for one year. Currently Minnesota Statute allows for one renewal per discipline (piercing, tattoo).
Processing Time: Up to 5-20 business days AFTER application paperwork is considered complete.