Body Art Temporary Event Information
If you would like to hold a temporary event in the State of Minnesota, you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Application (PDF). The application must be submitted 14 days prior to the event. You must include the dates and start and stop times of the event on the application. No event may last more than 21 days. This may not be extended. If the event is held in a delegated agency, you will need to contact that agency for event licensure. Those agencies are: Anoka, Hennepin, and Steele counties and the cities of Minneapolis, Maplewood, Richfield, Brooklyn Park, Edina, and Bloomington. The fee for a temporary event is $200 (effective July 1, 2017).
If you would like to apply for a temporary event, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- include a layout of the booth you will be using at the event;
- include the floor, walls, and ceiling finishes of the booth;
- include copies of consent forms and aftercare instructions for the event;
- event information;
- provide hand sink information (if one is not within reach, you will need to rent a portable one);
- include information on how you will be disposing medical wastes and sharps;
- include who will be the licensed artists at the event;
- fill out the Temporary Event Application (PDF); and
- pay the fee of $200 in check or money order made payable to "Treasurer, State of Minnesota."
Length of Licensure: No event may last more than 21 days.
Processing Time: The application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event.