Bloodborne Pathogen Training Information
Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Requirements
BBP coursework must be completed within the year PRECEDING your initial application or your renewal application.
In order to qualify for the training requirements of Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 146B.03, Subd. 4, the training must include:
- bloodborne pathogens,
- the prevention of disease transmission,
- infection control, and
- aseptic techniques.
Informational Resources on Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace
US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Training Requirement in OSHA Standards and Training Guidelines
- Quick Reference Guide to the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Letter Concerning the "Applicability of the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to the Tattoo and Body Piercing Industry"
- Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Coursework
The Minnesota Department of Health does not endorse any of the following training programs:
- Alliance of Professional Tattooists
- 215 West 18th Street, Ste 210
Kansas City, MO 64108
See website for Seminar Information.
- Association of Professional Piercers
- PO Box 1287
Lawrence, KS 66044
See website for Conference Information.
2014 Association of Professional Piercers Annual Conference
Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday, June 9th, 2014, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
(Although, in the future, this course will be available online as well.)
- CPR-Twin Cities
- 1040 Cleveland Ave S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
Contact CRP-Twin Cities to schedule group training.
- In-Pulse CPR, Inc.
- 11035 Harth Road
Spring Hill, FL 34608
Minnesota: 763-262-4776 or 218-260-4930
Contact In-Pulse for more information on training in a private class setting.
- MN Safety Council
- Jan Fedora
Occupational Safety and Health Consultant
474 Concordia Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103
Contact Jan Fedora to schedule training, or search the Course Catalogue on for scheduled classes.
- American Red Cross
- Find your local area Red Cross training.
- Biologix Solutions LLC
- 1201 Alison Ln.
Darien, IL 60561
- Body Art Training Group
- 350 E. 17th Street, Suite 110
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- PO Box 4704
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
- International CPR Institute
- 11161 E State Rd 70, Ste 110-13
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
*The Minnesota Department of Health does not endorse any of the training programs listed.