Guest Body Artist License Information
If you are an out of state artist and wish to perform body art in the State of Minnesota, you will need to apply for a guest artist license. With this license, you will be able to practice body art in the State of Minnesota for no more than 30 days in a calendar year. The fee for a guest artist license is $50 plus a $5 surcharge, for a total of $55.
To obtain a guest artist license, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- have completed a course, within the preceding year, on blood borne pathogens, prevention of disease transmission, infection control, and aseptic technique;
- be sponsored by a currently licensed MN Body Art Technician;
- work at a currently licensed MN Body Art Establishment that is in good standing or a licensed MN Tempory Body Art Event;
- supply a copy of any current license or credential you hold from another state;
- supply a copy of legal ID showing proof of age;
- complete the Guest Artist License Application (PDF: 138KB/2 pages); and
- pay the fee of $55, payable to "Treasurer, State of Minnesota."
Length of Licensure: No more than 30 days in a calendar year. There is no additional fee to apply for additional days within one calendar year from first day of guest licensure, but you must submit another completed application (including all of the above listed steps) and receive approval before performing body art again in Minnesota.
Processing Time: Up to 5 business days AFTER application paperwork is considered complete.