Mortuary Science SectionSubscribe to Mortuary Science Announcements
In the past, we sent multiple original certificates as a courtesy to post at each location in which you provide licensed services. To increase efficiency in the licensing process, moving forward, MDH will send you only ONE license certificate with your renewal. Please see the memo here.
The Continuing Education webpage has been updated:
- 2019 Continuing Education Reporting Form.
- Instructions for submitting a CE Report for ODD or EVEN license number.
- Courses from the following organizations: Minnesota Funeral Directors Association, National Funeral Directors Association, Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice, Cremation Association of North America, The Conference and Occupational Safety and Health Administration are pre-approved.
The Mortuary Science State Exam will be held at 1:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. For more information, please click on the following link, Exam Information.
If you have questions regarding the exam, contact the Mortuary Science Section at 651-201-3829 or email email@example.com.
The Mortuary Science Program is accepting applications for the Ad Hoc Committee with terms beginning January 2019. We would appreciate it if you pre-submit your application on or before December 14, 2018.
The purpose of the committee is to provide input to the Department on its regulatory function and responsibilities. The Mortuary Science Ad Hoc Committee serves to:
- Strengthen two-way communication and serve as a resource to the funeral industry and consumers;
- Promote transparency and efficiency in regulation and, and;
- Advance best practices in the Minnesota funeral industry.
Members serve a two or three year term while the intern position serves one year. The committee meets quarterly in St. Paul and the meetings are open to the public.
Members can attend meetings in person or via phone. Because this is not a committee authorized by statute, members are not reimbursed for expenses related to meeting attendance.
If you are interested in serving on the Mortuary Science Ad Hoc Committee, please contact Brandon Sheirich:
Mortuary Science Section
85 East 7th Place, Suite #220
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882
Licensing and regulation of funeral establishments, crematories, alkaline hydrolysis, morticians, interns and funeral directors. Our office regulates and enforces Minnesota Statute 149A; Funeral Industry Law.
To protect the overall health, safety, and welfare of the general public and those who are involved in the care and disposition of the dead through licensing, regulation, education, and enforcement.