Minnesota Department of Health
The Minnesota Department of Health hires approximately 200 employees a year to fulfill its mission of "protecting, maintaining and improving the health of all Minnesotans."
These employees include specialists in the areas of planning, administration, project coordination, public health education and training, risk communications, web design, information technology, communications technology, scientific research, research analysis, nursing, epidemiology and laboratory technology.
We encourage you to learn more about these and other positions with the Minnesota Department of Health. We have positions open in the Twin Cities area as well as in Greater Minnesota.
MDH is committeed to a diverse workforce. Please refer to our MDH Affirmative Action Plan (PDF document, 60 pages, 840KB) for details
Types of positions we typically fill
- Overview of positions (you are on this page)
- Training, Communication and Administrative positions
- Information Technology positions
- Research and Scientific positions
see also> Student Worker and Internship Positions
TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
1. You may click on the button below titled "View MDH Jobs" to get a list of jobs for which we are currently accepting resumes. Because our jobs have specific closing dates and we continue to post new jobs, this list will change. We encourage you to visit this site often.
2. You may express interest in student worker and internship opportunities, by completing the Student Worker Interest Form found here.
3. You may also apply generally (not for a specific job) by using the State of Minnesota's resume-driven method of accepting employment applications. Get started with an overview of the hiring process here.
4. You can contact the State of Minnesota's job line at the following numbers:
MN Relay 711
|The job Information line is answered 9:00am to 12:30 pm and 1:30pm 4:00pm, Monday through Friday|